Tuesday, January 11, 2011

And So it Begins

     This is my first blog so bear with me. By no means do I claim to be a journalist, but I do believe that I have some pretty good opinions.
     Keep in mind, I said OPINIONS!!  Ya know, like assholes and excuses, everyone has one and they all stink. Please express yours, and I will express mine. This is not a yes or no, right or wrong forum. 
     If you couldn't tell by now, This is a sports blog, but that doesn't mean politics, money, history, science, and any other Trivial Pursuit category is off limits though. But first and foremost, I live and die by the buzzer, final whistle, "ballgame", or whatever other cliche` ending to a sports event you can think of. Today, I want to start with that horrible display of football that some call the National "Championship" (later blog) that I saw last night:
  1.             What the hell happened to football? I can't begin to name you ONE formation that I saw either offense line up in last night. Oregon looks like they're running an arena football offense, and Auburn huddles five feet from the line of scrimmage. How did Oregon NOT know what they were going run on the next play?
  2.             Oh yeah, Oregon did know. Auburn was going to hand it off to Dyer, who by the way shows an incredible future and he will definitely be the dominant running back in the SEC, if not the nation, in two years. Probably sooner.
  3.            Where the hell was that guy that I heard about ALL YEAR. What was his name again....oh yeah sCam Newton.
  4.             My GOD Lou Holtz....RETIRE!!!! and Brent Musberger shouldn't be too far behind. Really Brent??? That stadium is where the Phoenix Cardinals play??
  5.             TCU would have had a field day with either one of those teams. They beat a team that posted  530 points during the regular season. How many points did they score in the Rose Bowl? 19. Enough said.
      In the words of my good friend Forrest Gump, that's about all I have to say about that.



Until next time.....it's whatever

               


3 comments:

  1. First of all, good shit brooks. I like this idea. I was glad that it was a close game, however, it was a poor job on both parts. I don't think either team played to their full potential. I more so disappointed in Oregon. Now granted, every so often you do have an 'off game'. But in NCAA football and especially the championship game you can't afford that. Hell, some teams go down in rankings after a win. I agree, TCU would have been a much more worthy opponent for the national championship. And although I like good ole' lou and brent, you are in the right by saying they should hang it up haha. Looking forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Internet, very nice stuff it makes me wonder lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. 7:46 AM...what the hell?? You could have made me breakfast this morning. Oh yeah, and the Frogs rule all. :)

    ReplyDelete